We are looking for team-players who are creative in their approach to problem-solving. They take the initiative to explore different ways to resolve an issue, and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to do it. Having a good mindset of self-improvement and actively take responsibility.
• As backend engineer in a tech-focused company, you will be making some of the most strategic decisions to scale and evolve our platform.
• Backend engineers work across all teams and projects and have experience or interest in building robust solutions.
• In long term, need to understand deeply system and services to maintain and improve its design/performance, develop more features to existing applications used in trading activities with care of performance and data/query cost and also the future scalability
• Debug and fixing issue might encounter with long term and high performance solution.
• Document development, dev-ops process, important design; Update relevant documents after any changes.
• Take care of the code base, database, share knowledge, introduce new ideas, grow the dev culture!
• Review code, support the other members/teams to import/extract data.
• Working with not only the dev team but also the trading/compliance team to get the business knowledge and task requirement
• Proficient in English communication as you're going to work closely with your colleagues in Singapore.
• Minimum 3+ year experience working with Python language and familiar working with Django or other Python-backend framework.
• Must have robust knowledge with SQL, and experience working with Relation Database System such as PostgreSQL, MySQL,..
• Strong fundamentals knowledge such as OOP programming, algorithms, data structure and design patterns
• Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Having DevOps experience is an advantage
• GNU Unix/Linux experience
• Git or versioning tool experience
• Good to have experience with:
∘ Messaging system (e.g. RabbitMQ, Solace), Distributed system
∘ GCloud platform
∘ CI/CD tools (Jenkin, Docker...)
∘ Another programming language such as Java and GO, ...
A good degree with a focus on Python or the equivalent.
Able to work in our Singapore or Vietnam location.
Remote working arrangements may be considered. (Remote candidates will need to ensure they are able to commit to following part of the Singapore work schedule on work days)
Grasshopper is an Asian proprietary trading firm and liquidity provider competing on the global stage. Our cutting edge in-house technology puts us at the forefront of developments in electronic trading. An unbroken record of consistency and profitability is underpinned by firm values of curiosity, empowerment and flexibility that guide our future success.
At Grasshopper, you will be working in a diverse and dynamic environment with a flat hierarchy. With 65 employees and 15 nationalities working in an open office, communication is essential to performance. To keep our edge as the “small giant” of proprietary trading, we give employees a high level of autonomy and encourage them to get creative, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
We respect and listen to all our employees. You will get the chance to make an impact by having your voice heard by everyone, including the management.
We are in the business of developing people. We focus on substance and delivery - as long as you perform and communicate, you will be recognized and rewarded. We are dedicated to supporting our staff and ensuring they develop professionally and holistically to maximize their potential.