We are seeking a Junior Production Support Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in Singapore. Grasshopper trades at a number of exchanges globally and we are looking for an individual who is interested in working in a dynamic environment and using their skills to improve the availability, stability and reliability of the infrastructure.
As a Junior Production Support Engineer, you will support trading operations and be the bridge between trading and technology. The ideal candidate should also have curiosity and eagerness to learn and to grow in their role. You have a great interest in improving and automating processes. You will have a chance to work on a cutting edge technology platform, google cloud, and possibly introduce a new solution yourself if you can make a case for it.
• Day to day support and solving problems by providing level one support for our production systems and keeping accurate documentation.
• Monitoring and reporting on the status and health of our systems.
• Improvement of current tools used internally to manage and monitor the complete
• Handles desktop support, both hardware and software.
• Provisioning of new internal users.
• To provide standby support after usual working hours and on-call duties and timely response to ad-hoc requests and incidents.
• Involve in planning system rollouts and major trading platform changes.
GOOD TO HAVE:
• Knowledge of automation tools like puppet, ansible, terraform
• Knowledge of Google Cloud
• Experience with monitoring tools like nagios, icinga, prometheus, influx
• Experience with databases and SQL.
• Knowledge of PC architecture and ability to build a PC from scratch
• Min. Diploma/ Degree in Information Systems or the equivalent
• Fresh graduates with a good academic background are welcome to apply
• Thinks clearly, learns quickly, solves problems, and can work with minimal supervision
• Ask good questions. Communicates effectively
• Have a strong willingness to learn
• Familiarity with software development practices
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
• Good communication skills and fluency in English
• Experience with Linux (CentOS, Fedora) and Windows
• Proficient in scripting python and bash or shell
Grasshopper is an Asian proprietary trading firm and liquidity provider competing on the global stage. Our cutting edge in-house technology puts us at the forefront of developments in electronic trading. An unbroken record of consistency and profitability is underpinned by firm values of curiosity, empowerment and flexibility that guide our future success.
At Grasshopper, you will be working in a diverse and dynamic environment with a flat hierarchy. With 65 employees and 15 nationalities working in an open office, communication is essential to performance. To keep our edge as the “small giant” of proprietary trading, we give employees a high level of autonomy and encourage them to get creative, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
We respect and listen to all our employees. You will get the chance to make an impact by having your voice heard by everyone, including the management.
We are in the business of developing people. We focus on substance and delivery - as long as you perform and communicate, you will be recognized and rewarded. We are dedicated to supporting our staff and ensuring they develop professionally and holistically to maximize their potential.