We are looking for team players who are creative in their approach to problem-solving. They take the initiative to explore different ways to resolve an issue and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to do it. The incumbent will also work with the exciting and growing tech team and also gain exposure with other different teams within the Grasshopper group.
- Designing and deploying cutting edge network technologies that are popular amongst low-latency firms.
- Improving the performance of current network infrastructure through monitoring, QoS, and Service Level reviews.
- Maintaining the DevOps infrastructure, which includes Foreman, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.
- Developing, creating and maintaining network documentation, device configurations, circuit information and operations network diagrams.
- Work closely with production support and developers to deliver excellent working solutions for the trading teams.
- Applicants must possess a Computer Science degree with at least 8 years of experience in supporting trading infrastructure.
- Candidates with a strong background in designing and optimizing networks in a medium-to-large network are also encouraged to apply.
- Team leading and/or mentoring experience is preferred especially if applying for the lead role.
- Working experience with various network equipment from various vendors, such as Cisco, Arista, Juniper, etc.
- In-depth network operations backgrounds, such as (but not limited to) WAN/LAN technologies, network security, Voice over IP (VoIP), Quality of Service (QoS), Enterprise wireless and MPLS-lite (VRF).
- Able to manage working relationships with the various Telcos which services that we use in our production environment.
- Project management and problem management using tools such as Jira, ServiceNow, etc.
- Operate network capacity management tools such as Corvil, Netscout, etc.
- In-depth troubleshooting skills to be able to identify and resolve network issues quickly.
- Ability to work with trading vendors to set up external trading connectivity.
- Basic Linux (or other Unix variants) system administration knowledge. Shell scripting skill or Python programming is an added advantage.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for critical problem resolution (as required).
- Networking certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, JNCIE/JNCIS, etc. are an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Netbox, LibreNMS and popular open-source network automation projects such as Netmiko, Nornir is a plus.
- ITIL certification is a plus.
Grasshopper is an Asian proprietary trading firm and liquidity provider competing on the global stage. Our cutting edge in-house technology puts us at the forefront of developments in electronic trading. An unbroken record of consistency and profitability is underpinned by firm values of curiosity, empowerment and flexibility that guide our future success.
At Grasshopper, you will be working in a diverse and dynamic environment with a flat hierarchy. With 65 employees and 15 nationalities working in an open office, communication is essential to performance. To keep our edge as the “small giant” of proprietary trading, we give employees a high level of autonomy and encourage them to get creative, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
We respect and listen to all our employees. You will get the chance to make an impact by having your voice heard by everyone, including the management.
We are in the business of developing people. We focus on substance and delivery - as long as you perform and communicate, you will be recognized and rewarded. We are dedicated to supporting our staff and ensuring they develop professionally and holistically to maximize their potential.