Grasshopper is a leading Asian proprietary trading group and a major liquidity provider for global exchanges. We are expanding and seeking an ambitious and team-oriented individual to join us as an Equities Trader.
- Professional trading experience of equities / derivatives
- Developed own trading strategies, algorithms and alphas
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, collaborative team environment
- Ability to execute trading algorithmic and discretionary strategies
- Thrives in a flat and meritocratic corporate culture
- Exercises discipline and ensure consistency in identifying and navigating trading risks and opportunities
- Possesses quick and decisive thinking and the ability to perform and thrive in a dynamic and stressful environment
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in the fields of Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Data Analytics, Commerce or Economics.
- At least 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in equities trading role
- Relevant trading experience in the High Frequency Trading or Mid Frequency Trading space will be highly regarded
- Proven track record of consistent revenue generating alphas and algorithms
- Team lead or mentoring experience will be highly desirable
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively
- A personality void of ego and is able to self-manage and grow without excessive structure
- View Integrity as a core value
- Salary package commensurate with experience.
Grasshopper is an Asian proprietary trading firm and liquidity provider competing on the global stage. Our cutting edge in-house technology puts us at the forefront of developments in electronic trading. An unbroken record of consistency and profitability is underpinned by firm values of curiosity, empowerment and flexibility that guide our future success.
At Grasshopper, you will be working in a diverse and dynamic environment with a flat hierarchy. With 65 employees and 15 nationalities working in an open office, communication is essential to performance. To keep our edge as the “small giant” of proprietary trading, we give employees a high level of autonomy and encourage them to get creative, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
We respect and listen to all our employees. You will get the chance to make an impact by having your voice heard by everyone, including the management.
We are in the business of developing people. We focus on substance and delivery - as long as you perform and communicate, you will be recognized and rewarded. We are dedicated to supporting our staff and ensuring they develop professionally and holistically to maximize their potential.